Friday, January 9
Welcome Back Bingo! 6:00 – 8:30 PM
Sunday, January 11
Mens Club free Pancake Breakfast 8 – 10:30 AM
Thursday, January 15
1. End of Quarter 2
2. Final Outdoor Education Fees Due – grades 4-8
3. Coffee and Conversation with Jane Mertens 8 – 9:30 AM
4. Talent Show Rehearsal 3:15 – 6:15 PM
Saturday, January 17
Super Bowl Party 6 - 9 PM
Monday, January 19
MLK Day – No School
Tuesday, January 20
Talent Show Rehearsal 3:15 – 6:15 PM
January 25 – 31
Catholic Schools Week
Sunday, January 25
9 AM Mass, Followed by Open House and Science Fair
National Catholic Education Association
St. Isabella Catholic School is accredited by the Western Catholic Educational Association (WCEA). WCEA accredits Catholic elementary and secondary schools in nine western states (26 (arch) dioceses) and the US Territory of Guam. WCEA co-accredits and is in partnership with three Regional agencies (WASC, NAAS, NCA) and two private agencies (CAIS and HAIS). WCEA began in 1957 in San Francisco and has a long and successful history of assisting school improvement through the accreditation process.
Western Association of Schools & Colleges
Dear Friends and Families,
As we break for the Christmas Holidays I want to take this opportunity to wish you all a very peaceful and blessed Christmas with your families. I am so grateful for all that you bring to our School community.
On behalf of the staff and faculty of Saint Isabella School, I would like to wish you joy, hope, and peace this Christmas Season and the best wishes for health and happiness in the coming year. Christmas is a time of giving, as well as receiving. May our children experience the spirit of the season as we wrap them in our love and gratefulness.
As we celebrate the birth of Christ, let us pray for peace that brings with it the assurance of God’s unconditional love for each one of us, peace that gives us the vision to see our world through the eyes of Christ, and peace that unites our hearts with the heart of the world. I find Mother Teresa’s words of simplicity so often bring the greatest clarity. May her words inspire you as well.
It is Christmas every time you let God love others through you …yes, it is Christmas every time you smile at your brother and offer him your hand.
May the peace of the Christ Child seep into the entire world, taking hold in hearts and minds. May the love Christ brought into the world fill your hearts this Christmas season and into the New Year. May we come back together in 2015 with a renewed spirit of wonder and joy.
Yours in Christ,
· Join us for the Jesse Tree Mass – Friday, December 19 at 8:30AM. Students are to be in Full Uniform Dress.
· Toys, Coats and Shoe collection: We are collecting new, unwrapped toys and new or used adult and children’s coats and shoes until December 18th These will be distributed to local families in need. Our Student Council and Interact Club is leading these service projects.
· St. Isabella Church Christmas Mass schedule
December 24 – Christmas Eve Mass:
8:30 am, 5:00pm-Family Mass & Christmas Pageant, 9:00pm Adult Choir
December 25-Christmas Day:
12am-Midmight Mass (PYC), 7:30am, 9:00am, 11:30am, 5:00pm
· Last Day of School before the Christmas Holidays December 19 –12:15 Dismissal, NO EXTENDED DAY
· Yearbooks make a great Christmas Gift! The 2014-2015 school yearbook orders are open. Place your order before January 31 for the discounted price.
· Sign up for Afterschool activities - see the attached flyer for list of the afterschool activities that will be offered in January.
· Good news! The 2015-2016 TADS financial aid application is now available for our families to complete online.
· Help us Keep our Children Safe - Safety concerns continue during carline. Please follow the established guidelines to ensure that all students are protected and the carline moves safety in the schoolyard. Remember NO CELLPHONES, students enter and exit on the passenger side, move forward as directed.
Key Players: These are students that are “caught in the act” of practicing the Keys to the Kingdom: Kindness, Respect, Responsibility, Honesty and Service this past month. The number in (#) indicates the number of times they have been awarded in that category.
Kindness: Cole – 8th, Justin – 8th, Amina (3) – 1st, John – K, Julia (3) – 1st, Ava (2) – 1st, Ian – 1st, Taylor – 1st, Luke – 1st, Andi – 5th, Grace – 2nd, Sua – 1st, Bobby – 4th, Noelle – 5th, Summer – 3rd, Yousef – 2nd
Respect: Sammy – 3rd, Kyle – 7th, Hadley – 2nd, Griffin – 1st, Kyle – 1st
Responsibility: John (2) – K, Annie – K, Claire – 3rd, Hadley -2nd, Natalie – 2nd, Kyle (2) – 1st, Zane (2) – 1st, Sydney – K, Luke (2) – 1st, Ava – 1st, David – 1st, Will – 1st, Caitlin – K, Savannah – 1st, Aidan – 4th, Josie – K, Anna – K, Brian – K, Sua – 1st, Adam – K
Honesty: Olivia – 3rd, Ian – 1st
Service: Cole (2) – 8th, Justin (2) – 8th, Kyle (2) – 1st, Joey – 7th, Luke (2) – 1st, Conor – 8th, David – 1st, Conor – 8th
Welcome to the 2014-2015 school year for St. Isabella School. We are pleased to offer you a secure, online method to enroll for your payment plan with FACTS.
Click on this Facts Logo to start the process.
For directions on how to sign up online, click here
Dec 4, Middle School Night event in the Marin IJ.was so touched by the generosity of our students in response to the devastation the Philippine earthquake inflected upon his hometown of Bohol. Engaging in a game of Money Olympics, $1650.00 was raised by all the classes, which will be sent to Father Al’s home parish and school. He has asked us to continue holding the Philippines in our prayers as they continue to be challenged with natural disasters.